Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SAL Crone?

I have been toying with the idea of a Mirabilia Year (she does comprise over half of my WIP list!). I think a rotation is in order: 5 Mirabilia, each one day per week, and a 2 day break for misc stitching (this day can be used to stitch a Mirabilia if a stride has been hit). Once a Mirabilia has been completed, the open day can be assigned to one of the remaining projects. My chosen rotation, which was no easy task, will look like this:

Sunday- Mermaid of Atlantis

Monday- Venetian Opulence

Tuesday- Sabrina

Wednesday- The Kiss

Thursday- OFF

Friday- Lilac

Saturday- OFF

I am going to try this for one month to see if I like it, wish me luck! Crone, you mentioned that you have 5 Mirabilia going right now, want to join the madness? The Maiden

2 comments:

  1. I started "The Kiss" (or restarted) last night, and almost gave up before I began! I stitched it on 28ct (what was I thinking?) and HATE the coverage. I hate it so much I entertained thougths of restarting the piece. While it would look much better on 32 or 40ct I have decided that I cannot restart a piece that has over 6 months of work put in.

    The project was in peices, strewn around my stitching closet it took me 30 minutes to find the pattern, beads, fabric, and DMC! A rocky start to say the least! The actual stitching is in such disaray that I had to develop a plan of attack (I will need to grid the piece, and I am not too happy about it, but it was the only way to ensure that all colors were stitched).

    I now see why I abandoned the lovers, but hopefully with a little effort I can control their fate. The Maiden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To log the date for the Stitch Along...I began on Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011. The Crone

    ReplyDelete