Saturday, October 30, 2010

Houses Round 3




This was really interesting and fun to do. I did find out that the Maiden's stitches are totally different in texture and tension so it was really hard to match into the area in which she worked..hers are poofy! The last two round robins didn't do that because the Owl's stand alone, and the Mermaid was done as the round after the Mother (which apparently stitches pretty much on the same tension as I do)..very interesting. I do love this piece. Unfortunately the colors are so much more vivid (you will see), and there is no guide for any backstitching on the original pattern. I went ahead and used the "Bramble Bush" for the backstitching. I also followed the lines of the stitches..looks kind of strange on the cats butt. We can redo this if we think we should. I really REALLY like this piece.

4 comments:

  1. My stitches are VERY poofy (I really had no idea)! I discovered this while working the Mermaid this weekend, I was home sick for 3 whole days and finished that rotation. I even tried to put the peice on my snap frame, yes I own a snap frame (it is very tiny and has a cute cover to wrap the fabric in), but it did not do much for my tension. I blame all of the one over one. I was a little worried that the colors appeared darker, but I do not think anyone will notice. The way I stitch, in hand, makes it difficult to use much tension when pulling the thread- there is a real danger of breaking the linen thread. Very interesting....

    I think I will start this peice tonight, I am finding it hard to motivate myself on the HAED, being at the begining of a page is daunting! Maiden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one of the bunnies is eating the flowers. I am excited to see this one done, the idea of having another completed project is awesome. The owls are done too, but the maiden gets to post the final picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since this is our first completed project does that mean that the maiden gets to post, or did we decide that everyone gets to post per item done? I am now confused as to our own rules. I can't wait to see the owls complete...I have a pretty good coupon for framing right now (good till December 10th)...so we should get this one on and done. The Crone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have been out of my mind when I wrote this...our first completed project...I must have thought I was looking at the owls. Weird.

    ReplyDelete