Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Rainy Days and Mermaids Abound

An early monsoon season in my City means day after day of Rainy Day Stitching! Before the last stitch was even in Lilith I knew I wanted to tackle Aphrodite next (Lilith had less than 30 stitches of kreinik and this mermaid has spools and spools of them!). 


Starting point after 2 days of stitching post accident (abandoned due to physical constraints). 


I find that I often lose interest after getting mired down in the skin, so I have started skipping ahead, saving the majority of the skin for last and tackling the backstitching at the same time. This worked wonders for my motivation on Lilith! When all you have left is skin how can you not finish? 


Time for my first q-snap move! 


Does anyone else see the egg laying, face adhering creature from Alien?!? 



When kreinik is the only life you know. 
The Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment