Saturday, July 17, 2021

Lilith of the Undead

Mere hours ago the last beads were placed on my first Mirabilia finish since 2018! Often referred to as the mermaid that swims between the land of the living and the dead I knew she had to be mine the moment the Crone secured her for herself! 


Stitched in 30 days on 28ct Valor and pushed forward by an early monsoon season (Rainy days mean mermaid stitching). 


The beading was more intensive than I originally thought and "helped" along by my 2 year old niece who liked to grab beads and place them in the hair, after which she would jump up and down screaming "bead mermaid!" 


After beading 75% of Enchanted Mermaid I have adjusted my technique a bit, securing the thread with a small knot on the back of the stitch before big jumps and after treasures. I also like to secure the initial bead with a petite point stitch. 


I did omit a significant amount of beads from the hair, as it seemed cluttered and stitched with 3 strands of DMC in 3371 to achieve the perfect coverage. 

The Maiden 

No comments:

Post a Comment