Friday, June 23, 2017

Let's Take a Stroll

It looks like cross stitch... but that sparkle?
Recently I have discovered "Diamond Painting" a technique using cross stitch patterns, an adhesive canvas, and small resin beads to form an image. I fell in love with the idea when I saw That Girl that Stitches begin a Heaven and Earth design using this technique and after losing a weekend to "Flosstube" I ordered my first kit!
 
The kits ship from China and take a frustratingly long time to arrive, but I thought this was a cheap way to try the craft without jumping right into a HAED. This is called a partial diamond painting, for the canvas behind the main image is printed and will not be covered with beads. The beads come in circles (this project) or squares, and correspond to every color of DMC offered!
 
I completed the umbrella in under an hour (this technique being much faster than cross stitch) and will continue to post as progress is made.
The Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment