Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Halloween Project






This is our first holiday themed project blog.
We decided since we have almost three complete projects done (one for each of us-Mother, Maiden, and Crone) that we would begin with Halloween.


The Crone just finished the top project. It is from Waxing Moon Designs, "Eat, Drink and be Scary"...it's done on hand dyed 32ct linen and the goal was to get it finished this weekend-done.

The second is a kit from Shepherd's Bush. It's called "fright", done with all silks and one embellished button; I got a chance to do some new embroidery stitches on this one It's a super quick project that I finished in 2 days. It has custom matting that has to be ordered to finish it off.

~The Mother



Okay Maiden~ We are waiting for "Spooky Manor"...we aren't sure if that is the name, but we know that you only have the graveyard to finish up. That is your challenge now...tag you are it!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe the Halloween Madness I have inspired! Mother "fright" looks amazing, and in just one weekend. It has so many different stitches. How do you like working in silk?

    Crone- I was ahead of you on "Eat, Drink, and be Scary" but here you are done and I just got to the bottom of the hat! So many projects... what is that saying, something beyond life expectancy?

    Since I have been tagged I must turn my attention to my own Halloween creation. "Grim,Glum, and Gloom on Halloween" is on the way. I guess I am in for some backstitching! The Maiden

    September 8, 2009 8:15 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silks are awesome. I like how smooth they are to work with...not snagging the fabric. It's the cost that is holding me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad to have to be so wealthy to do all silks..ha ha ha, like any of us qualify.

    ReplyDelete