Monday, September 4, 2017

Chatelaine Parade!

 After years of debate and doubts I have finally started my first Chatelaine the Provence Mandala! 
 My choice was impulsive, I had other designs in mind truth be told, but has turned out to be the perfect introduction as the specialty stitches are not so numerous or intimidating. I converted all solid colored silks to DMC as this is one of the more expensive Chatelaines, and am having some difficulty with the dye lots of the remaining silks (which are the majority!). In areas where my work is "lost" I have had to swap out for DMC, it's quite frustrating!
 The Mother has also started a new Chatelaine, Rosarium as a gift for a retiring co-worker she will stitch the center square! It has completely captivated her and I believe she will start the full mandala for herself next!
 I just love the look the overdyed threads give to the specialty stitches, and those beads!
Finally, a little peak at the corner of Pomarium, the mother's fingers are so quick! The Maiden

1 comment: