Saturday, October 3, 2026

Getting more Familiar

Halloween stitching has returned!  



Many moons ago it began with this moth, which sat half completed for years...


I drudged this project out as part of my 26 WIPs in 2026 and immediately got to stitching, with Red Riding hood playing in the background.


The goat was definitely a creepy stitch, and while I considered leaving it out I eventually caved (it is my astrological sign after all!).


This snake held my heart, and was the last familiar I stitched this season (possibly). 


I have plans to stitch each individually, finishing in a book or possibly framing individually in a bell pull fashion (I am envisioning dramatic black frames connected by velvet ribbons!).

I have been considerably overwhelmed by my 50 some odd WIPs and feel like I am stitching in circles. Many projects see progress but are no where near a finish. I have 1 new start planned for Halloween, and am finishing rotations on Greenhouse of Oddities and Sleepy Hallow. Once October comes to a close I will need to re-evaluate the direction of my stitching. 
The Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment