Friday, February 19, 2021

A Deer December

 Over the years the blog has taken on a feast or famine cycle and with my recent unemployment and the restrictions of the pandemic I find myself in a feast of stitches. I would normally like a finish to stay posted for much longer, really giving readers a chance to catch it, but my needle is too fast and Ghoul Tidings must now be replaced with December of the Joyful World SAL. 


Stitched in 3.5 Days on 28ct Coffee Tea dyed Monaco, I would have continued on with this SAL but I ran out of fabric! 


I used a blend of DMC 782 and GA Gold leaf for the deer, the resulting effect giving it a wonderful fur like look. Crescent Colors Brown sugar and Gentle Arts Avocado, Daisy, Cherry Wine, and Baby Spinach were also used in the conversion. 


My little Lane has unexpectedly become a lap cat after 12 years of being nearly feral coinciding with the changes in household that took place in November. While I am not complaining, it does make stitching a bit more difficult! The Maiden 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful interpretation of the pattern. I stitched these month too, I want to make the border as well.

    ReplyDelete