Thursday, December 31, 2020

Cinnamon Stars by Plum Street Samplers was my 8th and final finish for 2020 and this project was more labor than love! Stitched on 28ct DMC Charles Craft Irish Linen (never again!) that was easy to lose count on and would not hold the stitches nicely I spent 6 days this year finishing up the project. 

 


I had attempted to stitch this from Stash, but frustrated by the DMC conversion provided I broke down and bought the Weeks and Gentle Arts that were called for. The final product is a combination of stash, DMC and called for threads with the farm scenes below omitted. My tastes have changed considerably  over the years and as I struggle to finish WIPs  I often look for ways to tailor them to my current whims. 


My WIPs now number 39 larger works mainly on 32ct, which continues to be a challenge. There was some indecision on my part as to what next will grace my bedside table and with hours to go I am still undecided on what to start at Midnight! The Maiden



No comments:

Post a Comment