Thursday, May 2, 2019

Maynia Blues (for fabric!)

I got all caught up in the excitement of Maynia and could not resist another new start!
Cedar Hill's Bouquet for June has been kitted in my STASH for years so I can take solace in having not spent any money on this start.  
Stitched on 28ct Zweigart evenweave chosen for it's beautiful cornflower blue color (which is unfortunately lost in this photo). Those French knots were unexpected and I adore them!

I had decided to leave off the alphabet and numbers, but worried it might look a little bare. Then as I stitched I knew exactly what I would do with it as my niece's name is Isla Rose I will turn this into a birth sampler!

I believe my cross stitch choice this evening was influenced by this fabric, which I am currently turning into a project roll.
The Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment