Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A Tail to Tell

Today I post our 42nd update, the largest posting year since 2012. This milestone marks my return to stitching, and a renewal of the art and friendship that  brought the maiden, mother and the Crone together.

This friendship has seen me through the past 2 decades and has been a source of strength I am grateful for today. While I am the only one left in Las Vegas, the Mother is a native and the Crone built her life here. We are devastated by the tragic events of October 1st, a day that has left it's mark on our city. I am heartened by the response of my neighbors, police, first responders, and world community. We are and will remain Vegas Strong!
 I spent the night stitching away with The mother, after visiting our LNS and  enjoying a dinner out. We both  resisted the urge to start   something new and as a  consequence I was able to reach the bottom of my Sirena!
 I was also fortunate  enough to spend some time over the weekend  with the Crone in St. George, we stitched away in a hotel room and even found Ghastlies Fabric on sale!
 I brought some WIPs to show the crone, and she loved my Barbara Ann design so much that she found this gem from the designer I just had to have! I'll be stitching halloween designs for the next year at this rate!
While at the LNS I also picked up parts 2&3 of Something Wicked by Sam Sarah. I avoid charts that come in parts, but I made an exception for this one! The maiden

1 comment:

  1. My condolences to your community after this terrible event.

    ReplyDelete