Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Fragile Beauty




It was a rare rainy day in Las Vegas 2 weeks ago when I pulled into the cross stitch store for a piece of Lugana. I had been feeling poorly (stress, flu, work drama) and decided to be a little indulgent and start another HAED. I bought a piece of 28ct Lugana "Little bo peep" and headed home to stitch to my hearts content with only one rule: tent stitch or not at all.

Many know my struggles with tent stitching, but I told myself I could not have this pattern unless I tent stitched it. So with my needle threaded with 2 strands of DMC I began, and hated it. However, I pushed through, driven by my rule and after several hours I figured out how to get the look I so desired: a snap frame and tight, tight tension.

So after 11 days of stitching I present page one! The Maiden

5 comments:

  1. Chart's gorgeous (love Linda Ravenscroft's charts) and your progress is fabulous, that's only 11 days? Lots of people don't seem to like tent stitch (myself included) and I don't really know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on this, and your stitching is beautiful!! Your tent stitch looks so good, one day I will have to try it on a HAED,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous!!!!! I love that so much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, and will be absolutely gorgeous when done. I'm glad you figured out tent stitch. I love tent stitch! It's much faster than whole crosses, which is helpful for me since I'm such a slow stitcher.

    ReplyDelete