Sunday, February 7, 2021

Not So Joyful World


November 2020 was the hardest month of my life, filled with challenges and sorrows that I do not wish to list within these pages. As I have done so many times in the past, I turned to my needle to help see me through this trying time. 


Utilizing only my stash for this SAL, I used my favorite thread by Gloriana Velvet Night Sky and discovered a new treasure in Rod and Reel. 


The peacock glows in person, the silk adding a sheen that combined with the rich color makes this bird leap off the fabric. 


My inspiration, a peacock that calls a park near me home snapped during a Covid safe outing with my Niece a couple weeks ago! 


I started this project on February 5, 2021 and finished in 2.5 days- fast by even my old pre- injury standards! Quarantining during the month of December may have taken my stitching to the next level, this month was much easier than the others I have completed! 
The Maiden







2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had a tough November. The interpretation of the peacock is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite blocks from the Year.
    I do think stitching is a good way to get through hard times.

    ReplyDelete