Thursday, February 11, 2021

Dark Desires

A few night's ago while the Crone and I perused my Stash I realized I needed to bring order to all this chaos! Projects that were haphazardly thrown into carryalls, many still in the purple Stitcher's Paradise bags from my local needlework shop are all now beautifully organized, leading to the discovery of this gem- Plum Street's Sampler's Ghoul Tidings. 


I had abandoned this project after I discovered I had erroneously stitched with 2 threads instead of one (lower right hand corner) but restarted it last night for my first Dark 13 stitching project. Stitched on 28ct blue Monaco I coffee tea dyed I could not be happier with the softer effect 1 strand produces.

Lesson learned- read the pattern instructions BEFORE reaching for the needle! 

The Maiden

2 comments:

  1. I've never used one strand on 28 before, only for background stitching. But I can see it gives a nice primitive look which is perfect for this design.

    ReplyDelete