Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A Single Blessing in 2020

My 7th finish for the year is a highly modified Cricket Collection stitched on 28ct Highland by Picture this Plus in 13 days over 2018, 2019 and 2020. Called for colors were used with the exception of a Waterlilies silk  in Cardinal and CC English Ivy. 


I currently have 40 WIPs that, like this project, I feel I have outgrown in some aspects. The majority are on 32ct (my previous preferred fabric) that now is too challenging to stitch on. Others have simply lost their luster. I felt that way about Door Blessing, but was able to convert it to a more vintage feel and now am delighted with it! 

Started when I first began house hunting, it seemed fitting that I finish it the year I finally bought a home! 



The flower conversion was inspired by the Crone after a conversation last night about black peonies! 
The Maiden




No comments:

Post a Comment