Friday, August 14, 2026

Cross Stitch Forgotten

 I don't even know where to begin, with the exception of forgetting World Cross Stitch Day. This was beyond depressing for me, as every year I turn this day into an event. I take off work, eat great food, drink Starbucks, and plan new starts and stitch alongs. I spend some time in the Hallow (Hawk Run Hallow) and generally celebrate this art we love. But this year, distracted by life, I forgot.

I came to the blog to see past years, look for inspiration in my stitching (for I will plan to celebrate belatedly tomorrow) and became nostalgic for simpler times.  Each post brought forth emotions and events I had long forgotten, so I will begin again and try to recapure some of what has been lost. 

Mirabilia May set off a chain reaction for me, the past few months I have focused on my oldest and newest Mirabilia's. Persephone was restarted for the 3rd time and I finally found the fabric for her!


Venetian has been relegated to a strand a day and I am actually seeing significant progress, even reaching the bottom!


Roses of Provence is another oldie, so she got a few stitches earlier in the year. I have decided to pick 1 Mira a year as a focus, assign a stitch count per month and hopefully see some finishes! 



Pretty to think so awaits beading...


I hated every stitch of this dragon. Every. Last. One. The color conversion I had to do to get the wings to match the model stitch alone was obscene. Awaits beads.  


I swear she has a head! Hahaha, awaiting beading. 


The first twin has emerged in this massive project.


I started Undine, but hate my fabric so she waits patiently (I am also in no hurry to restart, this is the most complicated Mira I have attempted!). 



Here is hoping for future patterns, posts, and progress!

The Maiden

No comments:

Post a Comment