Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Enchanted Employment

 

This project has been more labor than love, first purchased when I was unemployed (I think by the Crone) and exclusively worked on during these periods. As the realities of covid sank in I found myself in an extended period of unemployment during 2021 and knew it was time to finish her. 


Now that she is done I LOVE the result, and do not think it is a coincidence that on the very day the last bead was placed I received an amazing job offer! 


The beading on this was boarderline obscene, row upon row of beads were placed and I even cut a few strands out! 


The backstitching on this gave me such trouble, so much in fact I began the beading before all of it was in place (and even referenced a few you tube videos thinking it must have been my technique)! The hardest was the lips, try as I might I could not get them to look right. I added 2 petite point stitches in a fuchsia color and the desired result was achieved! 


It was impossible to capture her true resplendence, in person each bead catches the light and puts on quite the show! The Maiden

1 comment:

  1. Oooh she looks amazing! Congratulations on the wonderful sparkling finish! Double congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete